Providence, Boston • All levels
Splitwise is looking to hire talented generalists to our Business Operations team. The Business Operations team at Splitwise owns many key functions including customer support, quality assurance, vendor management, compliance, recruiting support, billing, security, and so on.
While many companies treat these responsibilities as separate roles, Splitwise currently prefers to empower thoughtful people to help us manage our operations holistically, especially given our small size. A strength of a generalist approach is that you will have a ton of context on Splitwise itself, becoming an expert in the day-to-day issues and edge-cases that our customers face. This deep product context helps us fix the root causes of issues, identify business risks, provide world-class customer support, and improve the security and usability of Splitwise.
All members of the Business Operations team help with Customer support, in order to stay informed about the most pressing product issues affecting customers. Depending on your interests and skill sets, as Splitwise grows, this role could lead into a more specialized role in QA, Product Management, Engineering, Customer support management, User Research, Business Intelligence, Business Development, or Recruiting. It could be an excellent role to break into the world of tech or a good spot for an experienced product operations, customer success, QA, or community person from the tech world to join our team. We’re looking to hire people who can learn quickly and aren’t afraid to do a bit of everything.
This job reports to the CEO, Jon. You’ll work closely with peers in Operations as well as the product and engineering teams, collaborating to identify and fix issues, and occasionally with the data science team as well.
What you’ll actually do at Splitwise:
- Respond to customer emails and tickets each day at a world-class level
- Test (QA) app and website updates to ensure that problems are fixed
- Do proactive research on which areas of Splitwise are working well and which need help
- Collaborate with the team to respond to user feedback and improve our app
- Pick up ad-hoc business and customer-facing tasks that cannot be built into software, such as contract reviews, customer success, vendor management, recruiting support, user research, data analysis, billing, compliance reviews, and so on
- Help define Operations at Splitwise as the team grows
Things about you:
- You enjoy writing and talking to other people and helping them solve their problems.
- You have good intuition for what may confuse users and how a product can be improved.
- You write emails that are clear and concise.
- You are energetic, empathetic, thoughtful, and analytical.
- You are engaged with your work and learn quickly from experience.
- You take initiative on your own and have good organizational skills.
- Valued but not required: past customer service experience; a passion for technology; previous fintech experience in the US, Europe, or India, experience with quality assurance, software testing, customer success, or recruiting; knowledge of SQL or Excel; fluency in more than one language
What you'll learn:
- How to work with customer communities and data to help improve a product
- How to do user research and quality assurance for a technology company
- How to work with software engineers to plan and build new features
- How a small, transparent start-up operates
Splitwise is an equal opportunity employer that cares deeply about diversity in tech, and we strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We want to build a team at Splitwise that reflects the diversity of customers that we serve, and we hope that team includes you! Join us in our mission to reduce the stress that money places on relationships, and help millions of friends and families around the world.
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Top-tier health care (covered 100% for you, 50% for dependents)
- 4-6 weeks of vacation per year
- 12+ weeks of parental leave (either parent, or adoption)
- 401k with match
- Flexible hours (generally 10am-5pm ET)
- Free parking or transit benefits
- Sponsored tickets to industry conferences
- Choice of work laptop and desk
- Paid team meals when in office
- Relocation benefits
- Dental and vision plans available
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com.
Providence, Boston • All levels Designer, UI/UX
Providence, Boston Business Operations
Providence, Boston • All levels Software Engineer, Backend
Providence, Boston, New York, Remote Software Engineer, Android
Providence, Boston, New York, Remote • Senior levels Software Engineer, iOS
Providence, Boston, New York, Remote • Senior levels