Software Engineer, iOS
Providence, Boston • All levels
Splitwise is looking for an iOS engineer to join our mobile team. At Splitwise, you’ll work on a popular app that has been featured by Apple, and launch brand-new features and integrations that make it easier for millions of people to share expenses.
The Splitwise iOS app is written natively in Swift (with some small remaining bits written in Objective-C). As a company, we believe in writing code that is reliable and maintainable, and in testing that code to make sure we can depend on it for years to come.
This job reports to our cofounder and head of mobile engineering, Marshall. When building new features, you'll collaborate closely with the API team and product team, and you'll also make important product decisions yourself. We're a small team – you can make a huge difference.
What you'll actually do at Splitwise:
- Deploy updates to the App Store at least once a month
- Implement new features for iOS 142 and beyond
- Work with the team to plan internal API updates and new features
- Support users directly and fix bugs that you find
- Write tests for new updates to ensure that they're reliable
Things about you:
- You're experienced with Swift/Objective-C, Xcode, and the general iOS ecosystem.
- You write clean, understandable code that can be tested and maintained in the future.
- You like to make sure you fully understand a problem before you sit down and start writing actual code.
- You enjoy working in a team, and treat others with empathy and respect.
- When something goes wrong, you love to figure out what broke.
- You have a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, a closely related field, or equivalent
- You've maintained iPhone applications with a substantial user base
- You have at least 2 years of experience working on iPhone applications
- You're willing to come join us at our office in Providence, RI. (If you're not from around here, we can help you move!)
- Experiences that are valued but not required: fintech industry experience, experience with client/server syncing on mobile
Things you’ll learn:
- How to make product design decisions through feedback and user testing
- How to add new, cutting-edge iOS features to an app
- How to release major app updates while minimizing bugs and maintaining backwards compatibility
- How a small, transparent start-up operates
Splitwise is an equal opportunity employer that cares deeply about diversity in tech, and we strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We want to build a team at Splitwise that reflects the diversity of customers that we serve, and we hope that team includes you! Join us in our mission to reduce the stress that money places on relationships, and help millions of friends and families around the world.
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Top-tier health care (covered 100% for you, 50% for dependents)
- 4-6 weeks of vacation per year
- 12+ weeks of parental leave (either parent, or adoption)
- 401k with match
- Flexible hours (generally 10am-5pm ET)
- Free parking or transit benefits
- Sponsored tickets to industry conferences
- Choice of work laptop and desk
- Paid team meals when in office
- Relocation benefits
- Dental and vision plans available
Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providence, Boston • All levels Designer, UI/UX
Providence, Boston Business Operations
Providence, Boston • All levels Software Engineer, Backend
Providence, Boston, Remote • All levels Software Engineer, Android
Providence, Boston • All levels Software Engineer, iOS
Providence, Boston • All levels