KYC Analyst, Part-time
Providence, Boston, New York, Remote
Splitwise is looking to grow our team in our Providence, RI office (preferred) or remotely anywhere in the USA. The primary responsibility of this role is to help support the launch of our new feature, Splitwise Pay. KYC Analysts are responsible for conducting KYC and AML checks, verifying customer identities, ensuring compliance with industry standards, and helping prevent fraud.
Splitwise is highly focused on improving customer onboarding processes while maintaining fraud prevention, and encourages KYC Analysts to think through the systematic process problems they see and take time on challenging cases. KYC Analysts collaborate with the business operations and customer support teams to help provide a seamless customer onboarding experience. This role contributes to the practice of enhanced due diligence, anti-fraud and anti-money laundering and has the opportunity to help drive change and improvements.
KYC Analysts at Splitwise require consistent analytical thinking and extreme focus on details. Energy and enthusiasm for the internet, software products and the ability to learn on the job will also be very helpful. This job currently reports to the Business Operations Manager, Sarah Brown. This role is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week. We work east coast business hours but can be flexible, including early morning, evenings, and/or weekends.
We're currently a small team and you can make a huge difference.
WHAT YOU’LL ACTUALLY DO AT SPLITWISE:
- Learn and execute upon KYC and AML procedures for identity verification of new customers
- Ensure compliance with relevant customer onboarding laws and regulations
- Analyze customer data and usage patterns to identify potential fraud and suspicious activity to escalate to the relevant team members as necessary
- Communicate with customers to request additional information or documentation, and provide support and guidance throughout the verification process
- Collaborate with other teams, such as customer support and business operations, to ensure a positive customer experience while mitigating risks associated with fraud and money laundering
THINGS ABOUT YOU:
- You are curious, energetic, empathetic, thoughtful, and analytical
- You find work engaging and learn quickly from experience
- You enjoy working in a team and treat others with respect
- You excel at analytical thinking and are extremely detail-oriented
- You are able to follow a complex set of rules to make logical decisions
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with customers, internal teams, and external partners
- You are authorized to work in the US
- Valued but not required: past KYC/AML experience, live in Providence or NYC, fluency in a language other than English, a related academic degree, knowledge of Splitwise’s product
THINGS YOU’LL LEARN:
- KYC/AML procedures
- BSA compliance
- Fraud prevention and detection strategies
- Knowledge of the fintech industry
- How a small, transparent, customer-focused startup operates
- Salary: $20-$30/hour
- Flexible, remote-friendly work
- Some weekly lunches paid for by company
- A company-provided Mac laptop to do your work
Please include an attached resume and concise answers to following questions in your application email:
Splitwise is based in Providence, RI, and is hiring locally at our Providence HQ or NYC. We also support remote candidates based in the USA who are eligible to work here. Which of these are you interested in?
What interests you about this role and about working for Splitwise?
This role will require strong attention to detail, analytical thinking, and a fair amount of written customer support and justifications. Some portions of the interview process will include exercises to test these skills. You may want to review how Splitwise's consumer product works before interviewing (it's free). Is this something you are comfortable with?
Online banking usage in the United States increased from 36% in 2005 to 73% in 2021. How has online banking impacted your relationship with money?
Splitwise is an equal opportunity employer that cares deeply about diversity in tech, and we strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We want to build a team at Splitwise that reflects the diversity of customers that we serve, and we hope that team includes you! Join us in our mission to reduce the stress that money places on relationships, and help millions of friends and families around the world.
Interested? Contact us at email@example.com.