Providence, Boston • All levels
Splitwise is looking to add Product Managers at all levels of seniority to help us launch new growth features and fintech projects in 2021 and beyond. You’ll help reduce the stress that sharing money places on relationships for tens of millions of people around the world and will directly get to see the impact of your work on the flagship product of a small company.
Product at Splitwise
Splitwise is focused on creating products that evaporate awkward conversations about money. We strive to make our products easy and delightful to use, even silly, and accessible and usable to a global audience. We take a holistic, user-centered, and ethical approach towards product design.
Building products for consumers is a mix of science and art. Data science and user testing help us build a strong quantitative understanding of how users use our products, and we also strongly value qualitative feedback from customers, market and user research, and our own design intuitions as inputs to the process.
In the end, we know we’ve succeeded when our customers tell us that Splitwise saved their relationship with a friend, family member, or romantic partner.
What a Product Manager means to us
The ideal Product Manager is a generalist who can wear many hats and be responsible for a successful finished product delivered to customers. This involves owning an idea from concept to reality through research, strategy, design, implementation, testing, and iteration. Product managers develop product strategy and then own a workstream during build. Splitwise Product Managers put themselves in our customers’ shoes to ensure that we are releasing great products that people love.
Product Managers work with designers to shape user stories and wireframes, kick-off research with data scientists on defining success metrics, collaborate with engineers to shape API specifications and data architecture. You’ll report to Jon, Splitwise’s CEO, and work closely with the engineering, design, data and operations teams.
What you’ll actually do:
- Listen to customers through surveys, user interviews, and working closely with customer support
- Research product needs through data science, market and qualitative research
- Develop and execute product vision and strategy through collaboration with Splitwise’s design, business, and engineering teams
- Coordinate teams to build and deploy new products by setting milestones and ensuring strong collaboration and handoffs
- Build products that bring joy to millions of people
- Learn from your successes and mistakes
- Iterate as you learn
Things about you:
- You enjoy working in a team, and treat others with empathy and respect
- You can apply your empathy and listening skills strategically to see things from the eyes of the customer, and use that to make great product decisions
- You’re both scrappy and strategic, unafraid to hop in and do customer support to learn customer pain points while also thinking about the big picture
- You can think about pragmatic product trade-offs both qualitatively and quantitatively
- You’re skilled at communicating with your team both in writing and verbally
- You’re a quick learner, who picks up new technical and industry knowledge as you work
- You value intellectual honesty, and aren’t afraid to tell your team when something is a success or a failure, and can do so with respect and care
- Valued but not required: Fintech or software industry experience, experience building for a global audience, a product management background
Things you’ll learn:
- How to build social features and products used by millions of people, and all of the learning that comes with seeing those products come to life
- How people all over the world share finances with their close friends and family
- A global perspective on fintech markets and financial regulations
Splitwise is an equal opportunity employer that cares deeply about diversity in tech, and we strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We want to build a team at Splitwise that reflects the diversity of customers that we serve, and we hope that team includes you! Join us in our mission to reduce the stress that money places on relationships, and help millions of friends and families around the world.
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Top-tier health care (covered 100% for you, 50% for dependents)
- 4-6 weeks of vacation per year
- 12+ weeks of parental leave (either parent, or adoption)
- 401k with match
- Flexible hours (generally 10am-5pm ET)
- Free parking or transit benefits
- Sponsored tickets to industry conferences
- Choice of work laptop and desk
- Paid team meals when in office
- Relocation benefits
- Dental and vision plans available
Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providence, Boston • All levels Designer, UI/UX
Providence, Boston Business Operations
Providence, Boston • All levels Software Engineer, Backend
Providence, Boston, New York, Remote • Senior levels Software Engineer, Android
Providence, Boston • All levels Software Engineer, iOS
Providence, Boston • All levels