Product Manager Apply
Splitwise is looking to add Product Managers at all levels of seniority to help us launch new social features and fintech projects in 2021 and beyond. You’ll work with our product and engineering teams to help us execute our product and strategic vision for reducing the stress that sharing money places on relationships.
As a Splitwise Product manager, you’ll take new features from an idea to reality through research, design, implementation, testing, and iteration. We try to take a holistic and ethical approach towards product design. Data science and testing help us build a strong quantitative understanding of how users use our products. We also strongly value qualitative feedback from customers, market and user research, and our own design intuitions as inputs to the process so we can build products users love that stand the test of time.
The ideal Product Manager is a generalist who can wear many hats. You’ll work with designers on user stories and wireframes, with data scientists on defining success metrics, with engineers to understand API requirements and data architecture, and with business leaders on strategy and partnership considerations. You’re both scrappy and strategic, unafraid to hop in and do customer support to learn customer pain points, and just as happy to zoom out and consider the long term business impact of your decisions.
We’re open to Product contributors at many levels of seniority. You’ll report to Jon, the CEO, and work closely with nearly everyone at the company.
What you’ll actually do at Splitwise:
- Listen to customers through surveys, user interviews, customer support, and market research
- Design new Splitwise products, features, and improvements to existing products
- Coordinate across the engineering, data, and design teams to execute your vision
- Measure your success both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Learn from your successes and mistakes and iterate as your products go live
- Work with company leaders to execute on strategic goals
- Build products that bring joy to millions of people
Things about you:
- You enjoy working in a team, and treat others with empathy and respect
- You also use your empathy strategically to see things from the eyes of the customer, and use that to guide your priorities
- You’re enjoy thinking about strategy from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives
- You’re skilled at communicating with your team both in writing and verbally
- You’re pragmatic and efficient, able to be scrappy when necessary
- You’re a fast learner, who can pick up new knowledge about data science, software engineering, design, or business as you dig into your work
- You value intellectual honesty and aren’t afraid to tell your team when something is a success or a failure
- Valued but not required: Fintech or software industry experience, experience working outside the US, a product management background
Things you’ll learn:
- A global perspective on how fintech products, regulations, and markets work around the world
- How to build social features and products used by millions of people
- What people all over the world do to share finances with their close friends and family
- How to rigorously test product and integrate that knowledge with design intuition
- How to make product design decisions through feedback and user testing
Splitwise is an equal opportunity employer that cares deeply about diversity in tech, and we strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We want to build a team at Splitwise that reflects the diversity of customers that we serve, and we hope that team includes you! Join us in our mission to reduce the stress that money places on relationships, and help millions of friends and families around the world.
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Top-tier health care (covered 100% for you, 50% for dependents)
- 4-6 weeks of vacation per year
- 12+ weeks of parental leave (either parent, or adoption)
- 401k with match
- Flexible hours (generally 10am-5pm ET)
- Free parking or transit benefits
- Sponsored tickets to industry conferences
- Choice of work laptop and desk
- Paid team meals when in office
- Relocation benefits
- Dental and vision plans available
Interested? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.